Applications for Financial Assistance are called for from community-based organisations providing services to people in Lane Cove.
The Financial Assistance Grants Program reflects Council's commitment to encouraging and assisting in the provision of community based programs which support and enhance the wellbeing of Lane Cove residents and the community.
Interested groups should review the following information:
Council will allocate its limited funds on the basis of community need and program impact. These needs will be assessed using Council's Strategic Planning documents including Council's Cultural Plan, Disability Inclusion Plan, Age-Friendly Plan and the Community Strategic Plan.
Additional funds are also available via Council's Cultural Venue Hire Subsidy Fund. For a copy of the application form for 2018/19 call 9911 3616. Applications must be received by Monday 5 March 2018.
Please read the Application Form and Guidelines for Applications carefully as they contain important information that must be addressed and included for your application to be valid.
Please note that in order to be formally recognised by Council or to receive Council assistance (of a direct or indirect nature) community organisations must provide to the General Manager:
- A copy of the Organisation's Constitution
- A list of the Organisation's current Officeholders
- A copy of the Organisation's Financial Statements
- If applicable, a Statutory Declaration regarding your compliance to the requirements of the Office of the Children's Guardian.
To be considered in the Financial Assistance Grants Program please ensure that you have fulfilled these requirements as part of your application.
The completed application forms can be forwarded to:-
The General Manager
Lane Cove Council
P O Box 20 LANE COVE NSW 1595
Applications close on Monday, 5 March 2018. For further information or advice please phone Council's Manager Community Services on 9911 3592 or email email@example.com
Background to Lane Cove's Financial Assistance Grants
Every year applications for grant funding are invited from groups and organisations who provide programs and activities to the Lane Cove community.
The aim of the Financial Assistance Grants are to provide financial support to these organisations to help them to provide a range of programs to the community and to increase the amount of activities and events available for residents to participate in.
Applications for Financial Assistance opens in January each year and close on the first Monday in March.
- An increased range and quality of community programs
- A stimulus to new and innovative programs
- Improved access to programs and facilities
- Improved quality of life for all residents
- Realistic allocation of limited Council resources
- Support the inclusion of people with disability in the community
- Recognition of cultural diversity
- Accountability for responsible use of resources, including sharing of resources where possible, and co-ordination of service delivery
- Implementation of priority issues as identified in Council's Cultural Plan, Community Strategic Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan, Age-Friendly Plan, Disability Inclusion Action Plan or other Plans
The Plans can be found on the 'Your Council' tab and the 'Council Plans' heading.