Applications for Financial Assistance are called for from community-based organisations providing services to people in Lane Cove. Applications must address any one or number of social, community and cultural needs covering areas including aged, disability, children, youth, arts, cultural, leisure, recreation, community development and support services.
Interested groups should review the following information:
Organisations should relate their applications to priorities in Council's Community Strategic Plan and other Council Plans. Applications must be received by Monday 6 March 2017.
Additional funds are also available via Council's Cultural Venue Hire Subsidy Fund.
For a copy of the application form for 2017/18 call 9911 3616. Applications must be received by Monday 6 March 2017.
Background to Lane Cove's Financial Assistance Grants
Every year applications for grant funding are invited from groups and organisations who provide services to the Lane Cove community.
The aim of this program is to provide financial support to these organisations to help them to provide a range of ongoing and new services to the community and to increase the amount of activities and events available for residents to participate in.
Applications for Financial Assistance opens in mid-December each year and close on the first Monday in March.
- An increased range and quality of community services
- A stimulus to new and innovative programs
- Improved access to services and facilities
- Improved quality of life for all residents
- Realistic allocation of limited Council resources
- Recognition of cultural diversity
- Accountability for responsible use of resources, including sharing of resources where possible, and coordination of service delivery
- Implementation of priority issues as identified in Council's Social Plan and Community Strategic Plan
All applications must be related to Councils Community Strategic Plan, Social Plan and/or other plans found on the website under Council Plans.