International Women's Day is celebrated on 8 March each year to celebrate women’s achievements throughout history and across nations. It is also known as the United Nations (UN) Day for Women’s Rights and International Peace.
Each year Council organises an event to acknowledge and support the important contributions women make to our lives.
International Women's Day 2016
To celebrate International Women's Day this year Council is holding it's second Forum where women who have achieved success in their chosen fields will give a talk about their experiences and lessons learnt in their life's journey.
Hear from guest speakers:
- Professor the Honourable Dame Marie Bashir AD CVO – 37th Governor of NSW
- Dr Caroline Hong – Businesswoman and Community Leader
- Caroline Jones AO – Writer and Broadcaster
- Heather Nancarrow – CEO Australia's National Research Organisation for Women's Safety
- Rebecca Barry – Film Producer
- Adrienne Cahalan – Professional Sailor and Maritime Lawyer
- Belinda Kelly – Educator and Principal of Riverside Girls High
The International Women's Day Forum will be held at the Lane Cove Library on Tuesday 22 March from 10:00am to 12:30pm. For find more information about the event and how to register your attendance click here