Home Library Services
Lane Cove Library provides a free Home Library Service to residents who are unable to visit the Library due to age, illness, disability or lack of mobility.
- Library staff select items to meet the needs or requests of each member and are delivered directly to their home on a fortnightly basis.
- 'Daisy' players and iPads available for long term loan to Home Library clients.
Self-Select Home delivery
Lane Cove Residents who are not housebound, but who may experience difficulty carrying library items can join the self-select service and have them delivered.
Members of the self-select service can visit the Library (Lane Cove or Greenwich), select items to borrow and then leave them at the desk. Library staff will deliver them to the resident on scheduled delivery days and collect any items for return.
Home Library Services are available to people living in the Lane Cove Local Government Area who are temporarily or permanently housebound due to:
- Illness or injury
- Physical or sensory impairment
- Carer responsibilities
- Living in a care facility
Applicants may be required to provide a letter from their doctor or health care professional.
Lane Cove Library Accessibility
- Large Print books
- Music CDs
- Children's sensory books
- Easy to read books for adults
- High-interest/low vocabulary materials
- Descriptive and closed captioned DVDs
- eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines
- Reference material on disabilities
- Hearing loop available in Meeting & Training rooms
- Induction loop available at Loans & Information Desks
- Accessible toilets
- Free wifi and PCs
- Standing desk
- Chairs with sturdy arm rests
- Shopping trolleys and baskets
- Read it air
- Sit down catalogue with large print keyboard
- Wheelchair accessible and all on one level
- Disabled parking in front of the Library
For information contact Lane Cove Library on 9911 3634 or via email