The Lane Cove Aquatic Centre is operated under a management contract. For further information on specific events, activities and services please go to our operator's website: www.lanecoveaquatic.com.au.
Latest News - 20 March 2019
received requests from members of the public who would like to remove their
tile from alongside the outdoor pool at Lane Cove Aquatic Centre. The tiles
were decorated in 1995 and have been affixed to the wall alongside the pool for
the past 24 years. If you have yet to contact Council please note that the last
opportunity to remove a tile will be this Saturday 23 March, 7:00am – 3:00pm.
Please wear enclosed footwear and report to the gate on the Phoenix Street side
of the pool. Anyone coming along to remove a tile does so at their own risk and
must bring their own equipment to remove the tile under supervision of those
on-site. The tiles are fragile and therefore there is no guarantee that your
tile will be able to be removed in one piece or without damage.
Development Application for the concourse was recently submitted with one more
development application to come in relation to the grandstand. Council is
currently anticipating the construction of the pool will take approximately 18
months however firmer details on timing will be known at the end of April once
we’ve heard back from potential suppliers.
Latest News - 8 March 2019
Council will soon start the demolition of the 50m outdoor pool and grandstand which reached the end of their lifespan in December. From Monday 11 March there will be no access to the temporary car park on the Phoenix Street side of the pool as this is converted to a works zone. The pedestrian footbridge from Little Street across to Lane Cove Aquatic Leisure Centre will be temporary closed until late April. Pedestrians can still access the Aquatic Centre via the pedestrian crossings at street level on Little Street.
The following week from Monday 18 March there will be four to six weeks of noisy daytime works as both of the concrete structures are removed. Resident notifications will start next week alerting locals to noisy daytime works from 18 March for approximately 4-6 weeks while both concrete structures are removed.
During construction Lane Cove’s Synergy Youth Centre has temporarily relocated from underneath the pool grandstand to 47 Burns Bay Road (opposite Coles).
The Development Application for the replacement pool was approved earlier this week providing the opportunity for Council to now go to market for the construction aspect of the new pool. The concourse and grandstand development applications will both be lodged this month. Now that Council can go to market for construction we will soon have a clearer construction and re-opening timeframe for the community.
FYI the indoor pools at the Aquatic Centre still remain open with construction only taking place outside.
Latest News - February 2019
Council recently appointed project architects to oversee the planning and construction of a replacement pool and grandstand following the pool's closure in December 2018. The 50m outdoor pool was built in 1961 with Council planning for its replacement in the near future.
In early February 2019 Council lodged the first of three Development Applications (DAs) for the replacement of the pool. Thank you to members of the community who took time over the Summer period to provide their feedback on the future pool and grandstand. All comments were reviewed – some relate to aspects of the future DAs and/or operation of the pool and surrounding areas once constructed. As a result not all feedback will relate to this first DA.
The DA is for 8 lanes with an accessible ramp into the pool. It is expected that the works will cost around $3million and take approximately 12 months to commission and build. This first DA includes the pool tank which is the critical feature that allows Council to go to market for a specialised Pool builder. The following two DAs will relate to the concourse and then the grandstand/associated landscaping. It is expected that these will be lodged late February or in March.
Members of the community interested in looking at the DA are welcome to view the DA online using the number 10/2019 when prompted. The formal notification process for the DA commenced on 4 February 2019 with submissions closing on 17 February 2019.
Progress of the pool's construction will continue to be made available at www.lanecove.nsw.gov.au/poolandgrandstand.
Seeking memories of Lane Cove Pool
Do you have a photograph or special memory of life at the 50m
outdoor pool at the Lane Cove Aquatic Centre? With over 60 years of service to
the Lane Cove community the pool has been a big part of the local area for
If you have a photograph, anecdote or special memory you would
like to share with Council please email email@example.com with
Pool Memories in the header. This information will help form part of a future
celebration piece to mark the end of an era for the current 50m outdoor pool.
The latest information will be available at www.lanecove.nsw.gov.au/poolandgrandstand.
|Pool Facilities|| |
|Monday to Friday||6.00am – 9.00pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||6.00am – 8.00pm|
|Health Club || |
|Monday to Friday||6.00am to 9.00pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||6.00am – 6.00pm|
|Monday to Friday||8.45am – 1.00pm|
Public Holidays The centre will be closed on Christmas Day and Good Friday. Swimming lessons and Group exercise classes are not held on public holidays.
- 25 metre, 8-lane pool. Lap swimming lanes are available at all times.
- Outdoor 50-metre pool (note this pool will be closed from Monday 17 December 2018).
- Leisure pool, ideal for family fun & recreation.
- Warm water teaching pool, ideal for learn to swim classes, & rehabilitation programmes.
Sauna, Steam room and Spa
- The Steam room is maintained at 40-45 degrees Centigrade. The high humidity will relax muscles, increase circulation and cleanse all your pores.
- The sauna is maintained at 60-70 degrees Centigrade. The therapeutic benefits can be achieved from the deep radiant heat.
- The spa is maintained at 32-37 degrees Centigrade, and is the perfect place to relax after a swim or work out in the fitness centre.
- The sauna, steam room and spa are included in the entry fee, but is not available to patrons under the age of 16 years.
- The Health Club is a great place to work out and our expert staff can accommodate anyone from beginners through to elite level.
- The Health Club has the latest cardiovascular equipment with in-built heart rate monitoring. Combined with various pin-loaded machines, exercising has never been easier.
- The crèche is available to customers who wish to use the facilities of the centre but require child minding to do so.
- Pre Bookings is available but not required; however there are limits to the number of children that can be accepted into the crèche.
- The crèche is not open on weekends or public holidays.
- The Swim shop is situated on the entrance level next to the reception desk. It offers a wide range of high quality accessories to cater for all your swimming needs.