Blackman Park is located in Lloyd Rees Drive (off Wood Street) Lane Cove West.
A major renovation of ovals B3 & B4 commenced in September to improve the long-term usability of the grounds. It will also allow the opportunity for a full length AFL field and two new full-size cricket wickets that will replace the existing one.
Works completed so far include:
- Spraying of grass and weeds to prepare the surface
- Installation of a security fence to the whole site followed by removal of the old cricket pitch and sockets from the AFL goal posts
- Reprofiling to improve the playing surface
- Construction of two cricket pitches to expand capacity
- Installation of irrigation and drainage to improve playing surface longevity
- Re-levelling of field surface
In December the new turf was laid and it is now being given time to establish ahead of its use for sport in 2019. In January Council will update this page with an expected date for the fields reopening.
In the meantime there is no access to the lower ovals – access to the path and playgrounds will be maintained.
Following the completion of the upgrade, a new fenced dog park will be constructed to provide additional off-leash exercise space. The fenced area will include water, shade, seating and agility equipment for dogs of all sizes.
Off-leash use of the ovals will remain when sporting activities are not in progress.
This large park located beside the Lane Cove River has the following facilities:
- Picnic area at the far end of the park containing wooden bbqs facilities, picnic tables and a small picnic shelter
- Children's play equipment including a flying fox and ping pong table
- Cricket pitch
- Cricket training nets x 4
- Basketball court
- Fitness Equipment areas
- Parking for up to 80 cars
- River foreshore bushwalks
- Sporting ovals
- Skateboard ramp
- Toilets x 2 with disabled access
Blackman Park Scout Hall and Synthetic Fields B1 and B2 (car parking on the left hand side of photo)
Blackman Park Turf Fields B3 and B4 (Lane Cove River in the background)
Blackman Park Cricket Nets, Basketball Court and Playground
Blackman Park Scout Hall
Blackman Park Playground and Fitness Equipment
Blackman Park has two synthetic fields and 2 turf fields with a variety of sports played here including: soccer, touch football, cricket, rugby (league and union) plus AFL football.
Blackman Park is the base for 1st Lane Cove Scout Group and Lane Cove/Longueville Guides Group. It is also home of the Lane Cove West Tennis Club having 3 courts with night lights and a tennis practice wall located between courts. The park also has a skateboard ramp, basketball court and practice hoop that are available for public use. The park is a leash free exercise area for dogs (rules apply near sporting fields).