2019 Road Safety Calendar
Each year, Northern Sydney Councils produce a limited number of Road Safety Calendars. The calendar combines punchy graphics and humour to convey some serious road safety messages. It also aims to remind all road users to take responsibility for their actions on the road.
Month-by-month topics covered are:
- January: Indicators – A reminder to let other road users know what you’re doing on the road.
- February: Park and Walk – Encourages parents and carers to avoid the chaos around school zones by parking further away and walking.
- March: Courtesy – A reminder that a thank you wave can make someone’s day.
- April: Pedestrian Safety – Life doesn’t need more drama – stop, look, listen, think before crossing the road.
- May: U-turns – A dangerous manoeuvre especially in school zones.
- June: Truck Blind Spots – Never assume a truck driver can see you.
- July: Breakdown Safety – Safety tips if your car breaks down.
- August: Reverse Parking – The benefits of reversing in to a car parking space.
- September: Cyclists – A reminder to look out for cyclists and give them plenty of space on the road.
- October: Motorbike Safety – A reminder to look out for motorcyclists on the road.
- November: Safe Gap – Reduce the risk of a crash by leaving a 3 second gap.
- December: Distraction – Don’t take the risk of being distracted while driving.
The 2019 Road Safety Calendar is a collaboration of Hornsby, Ku-ring-gai, Lane Cove, Northern Beaches, North Sydney, and City of Ryde Councils.