Ever had that sinking feeling when a
police car appears behind you? Your brain starts ticking, madly calculating how
many drinks you’ve had. And with around 5 million drivers breath tested every
year in New South Wales there’s good reason to be concerned.
Consider these points
- Nearly 20% of all road fatalities involve drink driving.
- Every police car is a mobile RBT. If you're worried about getting breath tested...you should be.
- Depending on your age, gender, size, and what you have been drinking, it can take more than 16 hours for your blood alcohol level to return to zero.
Make a Plan B
If you are planning a big night out, plan ahead:
- Leave the car at home when you go out
- Use public transport: Transport Info Website
- Take a taxi or book an Uber
- Decide on one person being the designated driver
- Stay at a friend's house
Transport for NSW
for other ideas on getting
home safely after a big night out.