Lane Cove Council runs two free workshops a year to support senior drivers.
Senior Drivers Workshop
- Risk factors for older drivers
- Understanding speed and braking – the 3 second rule
- Avoiding common crashes using low risk driving
- Car parks and reversing safely
- What your car isn't telling you – overview of some current technology
- Correct driving position
- Driver knowledge test – or "when did they change that?" (overview of the most commonly misunderstood rules)
- Preparing for the aged assessment
'Safer by Choice' Defensive Driver Workshop
Learn about safer driver techniques with the 'Safer by Choice' workshop.
The workshop explores:
- The thought processes behind the choices we make as drivers
- The decisions drivers make on a daily basis and how these impact our personal risk levels
- How the driver can develop skills which can be used to stay calm, reduce stress and aggression when driving
- How personal values and priorities can be used as powerful motivators to maintain a relaxed, calm and safe driving style
- Updated information on key defensive driving techniques
Please see below brochure for further information.
On the road 65Plus staying independent and safe
Lane Cove Council residents receive priority bookings, others welcome subject to vacancies.
Please contact Council's Road Safety Officer on 9911 3576 for bookings.
This is an initiative of the Local Government Road Safety Program.