Lane Cove Council runs free workshops to support senior pedestrians and drivers.
Senior Driver Workshops
- Risk factors for older drivers
- Understanding speed and braking – the 3 second rule
- Avoiding common crashes using low risk driving
- Car parks and reversing safely
- Correct driving position
- Preparing for the older driver licensing assessment
- Commonly misunderstood road rules
Walking Safely Presentations can be arranged for groups who wish to have a speaker discuss practical ways to be a safer pedestrian. Presentations are free of charge and run for approximately 45 minutes. Please contact Council's Road Safety officer on (02) 9911 3576 to book a presenter.
Further information can be found in the On the road 65Plus staying independent and safe booklet (pdf).
Alternatively, contact Council's Road Safety Officer on 02 9911 3576 and request a free copy of the booklet.
Additional information is available on Driver licensing at 75 and 85 years and on Retiring from driving.