Lane Cove Council runs free workshops to support senior drivers.
Senior Driver Workshops
- Risk factors for older drivers
- Understanding speed and braking – the 3 second rule
- Avoiding common crashes using low risk driving
- Car parks and reversing safely
- Correct driving position
- Preparing for the older driver licensing assessment
- Commonly misunderstood road rules
Further information can be found in the On the road 65Plus staying independent and safe booklet (pdf).
Alternatively, contact Council's Road Safety Officer on 02 9911 3576 and request a free copy of the booklet.
Additional information is available on Driver licensing at 75 and 85 years and on Retiring from driving.