residential premises (including units) are provided with 13 green
waste services per year.
Materials for the green waste collection must be contained in a
designated Green Waste bin or presented as per the guidelines below
on the nature strip on the night before the collection date.
Green waste bins (240 Litres) are available for purchase for $88
from the Waste Solutions Hotline on 1300 655 006. Residents can also purchase these garden waste bins through any garden retail outlet stores. The garden waste bins remain the property of the resident. Any bin maintenance occurring as a result of wear and tear are borne by the resident as are the implications of lost or missing bins.
Green waste collections will take place on your usual collection
day as scheduled on your waste
- A maximum of 3 cubic metres per property per collection.
- Fence posts which are untreated and not painted
(and are not thicker than 15cm) are acceptable.
- All branches are to be tied into easily
managed bundles no longer than 1metre.
- Branches are to be no thicker than your arm (15cm
- Bamboo cannot be accepted
- All vegetation must be placed in sturdy
plastic containers such as 55L bins, old recycling crates, or
easily emptied containers. No green waste will be collected in
cardboard boxes, plastic, hessian or bags of any type.
- No soil will be accepted.
- Thorny bushes must be presented in hard-sided containers
Last updated 26 June 2012