Consultation to develop a Disability Inclusion Action Plan
This Consultation will run from 23 March – 5 May 2017
Community Development Officer – Aged and Disability Services
Ph: (02) 9911 3593
Council is seeking input from the community on its first Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP) which will identify actions to assist people with disability to participate more fully in community life. The plan will address four key areas that have been nominated by people with disability as being of primary importance in creating an inclusive community:
- Developing positive community attitudes and behaviours
- Creating liveable communities
- Supporting access to meaningful employment
- Improving access to services through better systems and processes
The DIAP will provide a whole of Council approach to effectively plan for and deliver on the diverse needs of people with disability in our community. Council invites people living with disability, their carers, family members, friends and the general community to provide input into this plan by
- Participating in a community survey where all members of the community will be able to have their say about disability inclusion.
- Attending a focus group for people with disability, their carers and their families
- Having a one on one conversation with consultants if you are not comfortable in a group situation or need extra support
- Arranging or requesting a Meeting in a Box Toolkit. This is a mini consultation that can be used by groups, families or friend to run a consultation meeting of their own using standardised procedures and questions
Council has engaged Elton Consulting to assist with the consultations and in the development of the plan.
Have Your Say
The community are encouraged to complete an online survey. The survey takes approximately 10 minutes to complete and there is the option to include your comments. Paper copies of the survey are available at the Lane Cove Library, Council foyer and the Living and Learning Centre. Paper copies can be returned to Elton Consulting using the Reply Paid envelope provided. Surveys will be received by Elton Consulting until Friday 5 May 2017.
Focus groups will take place on Thursday 4 May at the Lane Cove Civic Centre, 48 Longueville Road, Lane Cove. There will be two sessions, one from 1:00pm – 2:30pm and another from 6:30pm – 8:00pm.
To register your interest in taking part in a focus group, a one on one conversation or the Meeting in a Box Toolkit please phone 9911 3593 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Disability Inclusion Action Plan and to obtain further information in accessible formats and in community languages visit Family and Community Services – NSW Disability Inclusion Action Plan