Consultation is now closed.
This consultation ran from 2 March to 13 April 2016.
David – Manager, Environmental Health
Ph: (02) 9911 3613
In 2012 Council declared all parks and reserves and adjacent streets in proximity of the Sydney Harbour foreshore as Alcohol Prohibited Areas (APA) and Alcohol Free Zones (AFZ).
After a 4 year period these restrictions expired on the 1 January 2016. It is proposed to extend these zones for a further 4 years, to be implemented from 6.00pm on 31 December to 9.00 am on 1 January, for the period commencing 31 December 2016 and expiring at 9.00am on 1 January 2020.
The extension of these zones is proposed to ensure that the amenity of the locality is maintained for New Year’s Eve celebrations. Council is currently undertaking consultation to determine the community views on this purpose which is made in accordance with the provisions of Section 632A and Section 644 of the Local Government Act, 1993, and is currently on public exhibition and Council invites you to have your say.
Proposed Alcohol Prohibited Areas:
- Manns Point Reserve, Greenwich;
- Greenwich Point Reserve, Greenwich;
- Shell Park, Greenwich;
- Holloway Park, Greenwich;
- Greendale Park, Greenwich;
- Aquatic Park, Longueville;
- Griffith Park, Longueville;
- Longueville Park, Longueville;
- Wharf Road Reserve, Longueville;
- Woodford Bay – Bicentennial Reserve, Northwood;
- Lloyd Rees Park, Northwood;
- Tambourine Park, Riverview.
Proposed Alcohol Free Zones:
- Prospect Street Greenwich;
- O'Connell Street Greenwich;
- Albert Street Greenwich;
- George Street Greenwich;
- Victoria Street, Greenwich;
- O'Connell Street, Greenwich;
- East Street, Greenwich;
- Mitchell Street, Greenwich;
- Chisholm Street, Greenwich;
- Edwin Street, Greenwich;
- Vista Street, Greenwich;
- Upper Serpentine Road, Greenwich;
- Lower Serpentine Road, Greenwich;
- Harrison Street, Greenwich;
- Church Street, Greenwich;
- Dunois Street, Longueville;
- Wharf Road, Longueville;
- Wilson Street, Longueville;
- Arabella Street, Longueville;
- Kenneth Street, Longueville
- Nott Lane, Longueville;
- Stuart Street, Longueville;
- Mary Street, Longueville;
- Northwood Road (to Point Road) Northwood;
- Kellys Esplanade, Northwood;
- Kallaroo Road, Riverview; and
- Karingal Road, Riverview.
Written submissions will be received by Council until Wednesday 13 April 2016.
A post consultation report was considered by Council at the Ordinary Council Meeting of 26 April 2016 where Council resolved to extend the temporary Alcohol Prohibited Areas and Alcohol
Free Zones for New Years Eve and New Years Day for the next 4 years to 1 January 2020.