Consultation has now closed.
The consultation ran from 30 October 2017 to 5 January 2018
Christopher Pelcz – Acting Manager Strategic Planning
Ph: (02) 9911 3516
On 13 July 2015, Council resolved to amend and adopt the St Leonards South Master Plan. It also resolved to amend the Lane Cove Local Environmental Plan to permit the rezoning of a portion of the precinct up to Park Road (east-side) for the purposes of higher density residential development (as shown above).
The draft Local Environmental Plan amendments were approved by the State Government's 'Gateway' process in September 2016, subject to a number of supporting studies being undertaken. These have now been completed and NSW Department of Planning and Environment have authorised the public exhibition proceeding.
At its meeting on 23 October 2017, Council resolved to exhibit the draft Development Control Plan (DCP), Landscape Master Plan and S94 Contribution Plan, concurrently with the LEP.
Council sought the community's feedback in relation to draft Local Environmental Plan (LEP) amendments and other supporting documents for the St Leonards South Residential Precinct, bounded by Canberra Avenue, Marshall Avenue, Park Road and River Road.
The exhibition included:-
- A Planning Proposal which seeks to amend LEP 2009 to implement new site-specific planning controls (including zoning, building heights, floor space ratios, lot sizes and land reservation acquisition) which will control development in the St Leonards South Precinct. Ministerial delegation has not been issued to Council for this proposal.
- A Draft Development Control Plan that details development controls for the precinct.
- A Draft Landscape Master Plan that details designs for public and private domain areas and the overall streetscape.
- A Draft Section 94 Contributions Plan that provides a means for funding local infrastructure required as a result of the new development.
Other information and supporting documents, including Supplementary Design Report; Heritage Study; Cumulative Transport and Accessibility Study; Cumulative Traffic Study; St Leonards South Master Plan – December 2014; Independent Economic Review; HillPDA advice on Affordable Housing; S94 Open Space Contribution; and Community Facilities uplift.
For further information please view the related documents below.
Community Drop In Sessions were held on:
- Thursday 16 November 2017 from 5pm till 8pm at the Greenwich Seniors Centre (50 Greenwich Road, Greenwich), and
- Saturday 9 December 2017 from 10am till 3pm at the Greenwich Community Centre (46 Greenwich Road, Greenwich).
Both sessions involved the display of information panels outlining the scheme and staff were on hand to answer any questions.
Written submissions were received by Council until 5 January 2018.
Other Supporting documents
Proposed LEP maps
- Council Report – St Leonards South Master Plan - 13 July 2015
- Council Resolution – St Leonards South Master Plan - 13 July 2015
- Council Report – St Leonards South – Draft Development Control Plan, Draft Landscape Master Plan and Draft Section 94 Plan – 23 October 2017
- Council Resolution - St Leonards South – Draft Development Control Plan, Draft Landscape Master Plan and Draft Section 94 Plan – 23 October 2017