Consultation is now open
Consultation runs from 18 April 2018 to 1 June 2018.
Executive Manager – Corporate Services
Ph: (02) 9911 3510
Over the last four months Council has been working with our community to review our Community Strategic Plan and develop a new Draft Plan, Liveable Lane Cove: 2035. This plan will guide us towards 2035 and help maintain a long term focus in planning for the future of Lane Cove.
The engagement process to date has focused on interactive workshops with community members, Councillors and Council staff.
During these discussions we've heard many thoughts and ideas about the future of Lane Cove, about what's important to you and about what our priorities should be over the next ten years.
You have told us about the issues most important to you and to the future of Lane Cove, such as:
- Protecting our local open space and bushland
- Improving public transport services
- Managing urban growth and density with care
- Preserving our clean waterways
- Ensuring our community feels connected and involved in community life
- Enhancing community safety on our streets and in our public spaces
- Expanding choices for healthy and active lifestyles within our community
- Creating opportunities for active community involvement in shaping the future of Lane Cove
Your feedback has enabled us to develop a Draft Plan in which we have refined, reassessed as well as strengthened areas of priority. Council has also developed a three-year Delivery Program and Operational Plan which outlines the specific actions required to achieve the long term objectives of the Liveable Lane Cove 2035 Community Strategic Plan and a budget that supports these actions.
Council has now commenced its second stage of community consultation. We want to know:
- Is this the future that you imagine for Lane Cove?
- Can we improve our plans?
- Is there anything missing?
Over the coming years Council will be working hard to deliver a range of quality services and projects. Some of the key projects identified in our plans include:
- The delivery of the Rosenthal Redevelopment Project which includes new public parking, retail options and public open space
- The construction of new open space and active recreation facilities in the Mowbray Precinct to cater for the additional population growth that is occurring in this area.
- Grandstand upgrades at Tantallon Oval and Kingsford Smith Oval
- A $150,000 investment in priority playground equipment upgrades
- New customer service initiatives including the introduction of a new Customer Request Management System, Customer Concierge and Rapid Response Teams
- Continued investment in Council's infrastructure maintenance and sustainability projects
- A diverse events program including additional funding for celebrating 40 years of Lane Cove Plaza
To find out more you can view the full suite of framework documents, which include our:-
Council has also prepared summary documents in relation to the Draft Budget and Draft Community Strategic Plan which can be viewed below.
HAVE YOUR SAY...
We look forward to your participation in this important review.
There are several ways you can Have Your Say on Council's Plans for a Liveable Lane Cove:-
Council will be hosting a community workshop in the Terrace Function Room of the Lane Cove Community Hub at 1 Pottery Lane, Lane Cove on Tuesday May 15 from 5.00pm to 7.00pm. If you are interested in participating in this workshop, please RSVP to Lane Cove Council by Friday, 11 May 2017, on 9911 3511 or by registering here.
Look out for us in the Lane Cove Plaza from 11.00am – 1.00pm on Wednesday 16 May and Saturday 19 May. Council staff will be available to discuss these plans further and register any comments or suggestions you may have.
Council will be launching a survey within the coming weeks. In the meantime we would encourage you to familiarise yourself our draft plans to assist with your contribution.
Make a Submission
You can make a submission to the General Manager, quoting the reference "SU7064', by:-
- Post: PO Box 20, Lane Cove 1595
- Fax: 9911 3600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Council will be inviting comments to Friday 1 June 2018.
Draft Community Strategic Plan - Liveable Lane Cove | 2035;
Draft Delivery Program and Operational Plan 2018-2021;
Draft Budget 2018/2019
Draft Fees & Charges 2018–19
Fact Sheet - Liveable Lane Cove: 2035
Draft Budget 2017 - 2018
Draft Fees and Charges 2017 - 2018
REPORTS AND DECISIONS OF COUNCIL:
Report to Council - Review of Community Strategic Plan - Lane Cove 2025 and CommunityEngagement Strategy - 11 December 2017
Council Resolution - 11 December 2017
Report to Council - Draft Community Strategic Plan 2035, 2018/2019 Draft Budget, Fees and Chargesand Delivery Program and Operational Plan - 16 April 18
Council Resolution - 16 April 2018