Consultation is now closed
Consultation ran from 18 April 2018 to 1 June 2018.
Executive Manager – Corporate Services
Ph: (02) 9911 3510
Throughout early 2018 Council worked with our community to review our Community Strategic Plan and develop a new Draft Plan, Liveable Lane Cove: 2035. This plan will guide us towards 2035 and help maintain a long term focus in planning for the future of Lane Cove.
The preliminary engagement process focused on interactive workshops with community members, Councillors and Council staff.
During these discussions we've heard many thoughts and ideas about the future of Lane Cove, about what's important to you and about what our priorities should be over the next ten years.
You have told us about the issues most important to you and to the future of Lane Cove, such as:
- Protecting our local open space and bushland
- Improving public transport services
- Managing urban growth and density with care
- Preserving our clean waterways
- Ensuring our community feels connected and involved in community life
- Enhancing community safety on our streets and in our public spaces
- Expanding choices for healthy and active lifestyles within our community
- Creating opportunities for active community involvement in shaping the future of Lane Cove
Your feedback has enabled us to develop the Draft Plan in which we have refined, reassessed as well as strengthened areas of priority. Council has also developed a three-year Delivery Program and Operational Plan which outlines the specific actions required to achieve the long term objectives of the Liveable Lane Cove 2035 Community Strategic Plan and a budget that supports these actions.
Council commenced its second stage of community consultation in April 2018. We asked:
- Is this the future that you imagine for Lane Cove?
- Can we improve our plans?
- Is there anything missing?
Throughout this consultation Council also invited feedback on the three-year Delivery Program and Operational Plan which outlines the specific actions required to achieve the long term objectives of the Liveable Lane Cove: 2035, a budget that supports these actions and Council's proposed Fees and Charges for 2018-19.
Some of the key projects identified in our plans include:
- The delivery of the Rosenthal Project which includes new public parking, retail options and creating a vibrant community open space.
- The construction of new open space and active recreation facilities in the Mowbray Precinct to cater for the additional population growth that is occurring in this area.
- Grandstand upgrades at Tantallon Oval and Kingsford Smith Oval.
- A $150,000 investment in priority playground equipment upgrades.
- New customer service initiatives including the introduction of a new Customer Request Management System, Customer Concierge and Rapid Response Teams.
- Continued investment in Council's infrastructure maintenance and sustainability projects .
- A diverse events program including signature events such as the Lane Cove River, Festival by the River and Coffee Carnevale that appeal to the broadest cross section of our community.
This consultation closed on 1 June 2018. A Post Consultation report addressing the feedback received in relation to the Draft Community Strategic Plan during the consultation period was prepared for the Ordinary Council Meeting of 18 June 2018. Council resolved to adopt the Draft Community Strategic Plan, Liveable Lane Cove: 2035.
Similarly a Post Consultation report addressing the feedback received in relation to the Budget, Fees and Charges and Delivery Program and Operational Plan during the consultation period was prepared for the Ordinary Council Meeting of 18 June 2018. Council resolved to adopt these plans.
Background Council Reports and Decisions