The consultation period closed on 5 January 2018.
Draft Plans for St Leonards South Residential Precinct were placed on public exhibition from Monday 30 October 2017 until Friday 22 December 2017. Following the November 2017 Council meeting, this exhibition period was extended until Friday 5 January 2018.
Please visit the Have Your Say section of Council's website for full details.
Community Drop In Sessions were held on:
- Thursday 16 November 2017 from 5pm till 8pm at the Greenwich Seniors Centre (50 Greenwich Road, Greenwich)
- Saturday 9 December 2017 from 10am till 3pm at the Greenwich Community Centre (46 Greenwich Road, Greenwich).
Both sessions involved the display of information panels outlining the scheme and staff were on hand to answer any questions.
October 2017 - Update
Council considered the proposed the Draft Development Control Plan, Draft Landscape Master Plan and Draft Section 94 Plan at its October Meeting and resolved to place them for public exhibition in conjunction with the Draft Local Environmental Plan amendment for St Leonards South for a period of 8 weeks from Monday 30 October 2017.
A Draft Local Environmental Plan (LEP) was given a Gateway Determination by NSW Planning & Environment in September 2016.
Council must comply with all conditions specified at various stages – before, during and after public exhibition of the Draft LEP. Upon completion of all Gateway requirements the Draft LEP will be exhibited alongside various supporting documents.
Community Information Sessions were held in November 2016 at Council's Chambers. The purpose of these sessions was to provide an update of the Draft Planning Proposal and Gateway Determination to the owners and residents in the St Leonards South Area.
For further information please refer to the report submitted to Council's Ordinary Meeting of 21 November 2016 (view Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes)
St Leonards South Strategy - Stage 3
On 13 July 2015 Council resolved to adopt the Draft St Leonards South Master Plan with the addition of the area up to Park Road east side (see diagram below), subject to the B3 Commercial Core zone west of Canberra Avenue remaining as currently zoned.
resolution will be translated into:
- a draft Local Environment Plan (LEP) containing various legal mechanisms (zones; building heights; FSR; etc);
- a draft Development Control Plan (setbacks; open space; transitions; parking; etc);
- a draft Development Contributions Plan (which will include a suitable provision for Key Worker Housing;); and
- a draft Landscape Master Plan (to be incorporated into the DCP)
This next phase of the planning process aims will identify the exact location of public parks, community facilities, east-west links and roads– all
to promote a liveable residential precinct. This is because the Master Plan
contained indicative options only.
draft plans will first be considered by NSW Planning & Environment then,
subject to approval, there will be consultation with the public.
In accordance with the Council resolution, prior to the exhibition of the Draft LEP, Council is to obtain firm commitments from each of the government agencies responsible for the delivery of the required infrastructure, in particular the NSW Department of Education and Roads and Maritime Services.
The overall process of exhibiting and then formal gazettal of the LEP may take 18-24 months (from resolution), depending on State priorities.
Until these documents have been resolved, it is not possible to provide landowners with legal and commercial certainty in relation to controls for particular lots. Please be assured that the community will be advised when there is information available at each new stage, including as these matters are discussed with NSW Planning & Environment.
St Leonards South Strategy – Stage 2
extensive community consultation, the final report on the St Leonards South
Master Plan was considered at an extraordinary meeting of Council on Monday 13 July 2015. The report is available via Council's website.
The Master Plan, prepared by Council's consultants, is now available to view online via Council's Have Your Say section including a copy of the Independent Economic Review and Appendices.
Council has previously held an Information Day, Community Workshop and Drop-In Session for the Draft St Leonards South Master Plan as follows:
1. Information Day - 10:00am to 3:00pm on Saturday 11 October 2014 at the Greenwich Seniors Centre, 48 Greenwich Road, Greenwich;
2. Community Workshop - 6:30pm to 8:30pm on Thursday 16 October 2014 at the Lane Cove Civic Centre, 48 Longueville Road, Lane Cove (held in the Cove Room).
3. Community Drop-In Session - 10:00am to 3:00pm on Saturday 7 February 2015 at the Greenwich Seniors Centre, 48 Greenwich Road, Greenwich
4. Community Information Session - 6:15pm to 8:30pm on Tuesday 21 April 2015 at
the Lane Cove Civic Centre, 48 Longueville Road, Lane Cove (held in the Cove
Room). Details of this presentation are available in the St Leonards South Draft Master Plan Have Your Say section.
Information provided at these sessions was provided on the St Leonards South consultation website previously available.
St Leonards South Strategy – Stage 1
Council resolved to undertake a master planning process for a precinct in St Leonards bounded by the Pacific Highway to the north, the railway line to the east, River Road to the south and Greenwich Road to the west. Council officers developed a Brief for the St Leonards Strategy, to be undertaken in two parts:-
- Stage 1 Precinct Report; and
- Stage 2 Growth Scenarios Report.
Consultants David Lock and Associates (DLA) were engaged to complete Stage 1 of the St Leonards Strategy. The Precinct Report includes:-
- consideration of the current State, metropolitan and local strategic planning context;
- a summary of existing conditions such as land use, demographic profile, urban structure and built form, public domain and natural features, vehicular and pedestrian access and movement, and physical infrastructure;
- a summary of the community consultation undertaken as part Stage 1; and
- an analysis of issues and opportunities for the precinct.
Community consultation undertaken, included the establishment of a website and is summarised in the Stage 1 Consultation Report.
The Stage 1 Precinct Report comprises a research document of the existing situation. The Stage 1 Precinct Report with Appendix 1 the Stage 1 Consultation Report.