Current parking in Rosenthal Avenue Car Park
The Rosenthal Avenue Car Park provides 65 spaces with 2 hours free parking from 8:00am - 6:00pm, seven days a week.
Entry and exit is from the Northern end of the car park (opposite the Lane Cove Club). There is now no longer entry via the Finlayson Street end.
The car park has free 2 hour parking from 8:00am – 6:00pm using a free ticket dispensed from a ticket machine at the southern end of the car park. Visitors enter their registration number, print their ticket and display on the dashboard. There is a limit of one free ticket per registration, per day.
At the moment there are representatives on-site to help provide information to those using the car park for the first time under the new arrangement.
Finding Alternate Parking
The Rosenthal Project website is now available at www.rosenthalproject.com.au. Visit the website for the latest information including:
Parking Brochure and Map
Loading Zone Map
Council understands the constraints on parking within the Village which is why the Rosenthal Project is set to increase parking from 170 current spaces to 500 spaces in 2020.
Council worked with ADCO Constructions (ADCO) the Design and Construction Builder to retain as many spaces as possible on the current car park site during the initial construction phase. ADCO are also fast-tracking the staged provision of the car parking spaces as they become available in the lead up to the Project’s completion in mid 2020. There will be a period of time on the Rosenthal site when there is no parking available at all.
An approximate construction staging is provided below, however this may change through the course of construction.
Stage 1 (12 September – December 2017) The northern end of the existing car park bounded by Birdwood and Rosenthal Avenues and Birdwood Lane will be retained providing 65 car parking spaces. Construction hoarding will be erected to the southern half of the site fronting Birdwood and Rosenthal Lanes and Rosenthal Avenue. On-street parking on the eastern side of Rosenthal Avenue will be unavailable.
Stage 2 - (January 2018) - ADCO will take possession of the full site. Construction hoarding will be modified to surround the entire site, allowing the team to complete excavation works and begin structural works
Stage 3 - Structural works will commence. A temporary car park located on the southern area of the site will be available to the public.
Stage 4 - Basement 3 Car Park Level will be finished, allowing the public to utilise this space.
A coordinated and consistent approach to way-finding signage will be adopted to limit disruption to access throughout the Village due to construction activities.
To help minimise the impact on parking availability in the Village during construction, Council has:
- Completed the 200-space Little Street Car Park prior to construction commencing
- Purchased land at 69 Longueville Road to reduce pressure on Civic Centre car park and provide weekend parking options
- Appointed ADCO Constructions who were able to provide for staged parking during construction and can ensure access remains along the Birdwood and Rosenthal laneways
- Assessed the current usage of car parks throughout Lane Cove to identify options to improve access
- Identified business parking in under-utilised spaces in Sera Street to provide options for staff of local businesses (previously accounting for 25% usage of the Rosenthal Avenue Car Park)
- Made arrangements for Birdwood and Rosenthal Lanes to become Shared Zones to assist with pedestrian safety during construction
- Made provision for 2 hour temporary parking, one entry per day, at the northern end of the site until after the Christmas retail period
- Provided for 2 Disabled and 2 Seniors spaces in the temporary car park
- Introduced a new 5 minute drop off/pick up zone on Longueville Road near Lane Cove Plaza
- Appointed way-finding experts to help improve signage for pedestrian and vehicle movements throughout the village
- Prepared a Parking Map and Loading Zone Map for local businesses to assist customers and suppliers
To make sure you have the latest information about the Rosenthal Project, visit www.rosenthalproject.com.au and sign up to Project Updates.