In Lane Cove, if you intend to build, develop or use land, your first step should be to contact Council. Council can then tell you about:
- The development assessment process
- The rules for developing the particular site under the Council's local plan
- Any issues they know might affect development and use of the site.
Council has developed a Development Application (DA) guide to provide a summary of the development assessment process and identify opportunities available for interested parties to become involved in the DA process.
The Five Steps for a Development Application
To assist in
understanding the development assessment process, the DA Guide has been divided
into five easy to follow steps. Each step provides an overview of what is
required, the most effective method of achieving what is required and the
appropriate contact details should you require assistance.
The Five Steps for a Development Application are:
What this guide offers
The guide will help you with Council approval for:
- New house
- Swimming Pool
- Backyard shed
- House renovations
- Other minor works around the house
This guide can NOT help you with building work for:
- Commercial or Industrial Properties