A Planning Proposal is a document that seeks to amend Council's Local Environment Plan (LEP) planning controls.
The preparation of a Planning Proposal is the first step in the process of amending an LEP. Planning Proposal's may be initiated by Council or a third party.
All Planning Proposals must first be considered by Council's Local Planning Panel and then by the Council, before being lodged with the NSW Department of Planning and Environment who will manage the proposal through the Gateway Process. Depending on the nature of a Planning Proposal, it may also be accompanied by proposed amendments to Lane Cove's other strategic planning documents (i.e. Development Control Plan) and/or a Development Application.
If a Planning Proposal passes through the Gateway, as part of the LEP amendment process public consultation will occur, prior to Council formally adopting a position. The NSW Department of Planning and Environment is then advised of Council's position, and the Minister for Planning will ultimately determine whether the amendment should proceed. Any Development Application can not be determined until this has occurred.
Please refer to the NSW Department of Planning and Environment's A Guide to Preparing Planning Proposals for further information.
Current Planning Proposals
|Site and Applicant||Planning proposal request||Lodged with Council||Status||Notes||Links to further information|
Holdsworth Avenue and 18-32 Canberra Avenue St Leonards
Top Spring Australia Property & Development Services Pty Ltd
- Rezone the site from R2 Low Density Residential to R4 High Density Residential;
- Amend the maximum height of buildings from 9.5m to 2.5m, 15m, 31m and 37m;
- Amend the maximum floor space ratio from 0.5:1 and 0.6:1 to 2.75:1 (Area H) and 3:1 (Area I);
- Insert an incentive clause for the increase in height and FSR which requires the development to be generally consistent with St Leonards South Masterplan and the St Leonards South Development Control Plan and requires the two through site links to be provided;
- Amalgamate the sites into two lots – 'Area H' (27-41 Canberra Avenue and 26-32 Holdsworth Avenue) and 'Area I' (21-25 Canberra Avenue and 18-24 Holdsworth Avenue);
- Incorporate a 15m wide through site link in Area I and incorporate a 6m wide pedestrian path in Area H;
- Insert a new clause which ensures a Clause 4.6 variation cannot be provided for variations to the height and FSR controls;
- Insert satisfactory arrangement for the provision of a Special Infrastructure Contributions (SIC) levy;
- Remove the existing 550m2 minimum lot size and replacing it with no minimum lot size;
- Implement the Draft DCP controls set by Council's Planning Proposal (with minor adjustments).
Refused by Council, DPE to determine.
the proposal at its May meeting
- Mecone / Top Spring Australia St Leonard South Planning Proposal
- Urban Design Package including Landscape Masterplan
- Traffic and Parking Assessment
- Economic Report
- LEP Maps
- VPA letter of offer
- All statutory submissions to Government prepared on behalf of Top Spring
- Consistency with Draft St Leonards South DCP
West Quarters, Park And Berry Roads, And Holdsworth Ave, St Leonards
- Change the zoning of the subject land from R2 Low Density Residential to R4 High Density Residential;
- Alter the maximum permissible heights applying to the subject land from 9.5m to part 2.5m, 15m, 31m, 32m and 37m as shown on the proposed maximum height map;
- Change the maximum floor space ratio applying to the subject land from 0.5 and 0.6:1 to 2.75:1 as shown on the proposed FSR map;
- Alter the existing minimum lot size map to remove the subject land from the application of clause 4.1;
- Amend clause 4.6 to provide that the maximum height and FSR development standards applying to the subject land cannot be varied at the future development application stage;
- Include a special provision which requires that any development must be consistent with the St Leonards South Masterplan and the St Leonards South Development Control Plan;
- Provide for the compulsory acquisition of land for a new east west link road, and include a new plan which requires the delivery of relevant community infrastructure applicable to the subject land as previously identified by Council in Planning Proposal 25.
|2019||Refused by Council, DPE to determine.||Council considered the proposal at its May meeting|
- Greaton St Leonards South Planning Proposal
- Addendum - St Leonards South Greaton Lands Planning Proposal
- Design Report and Concept Scheme Plans
- VPA Letter of Offer
- Proposed LEP Maps
- Draft DCP Compliance Table
- Traffic and Transport Assessment
- Heritage Impact Statement
- Landscape Design Report
- Economic Impact Assessment
- Site Surveys
- East Quarter Shadow Study
Previous Planning Proposals
|Site and Applicant ||Planning proposal request ||Lodged with Council||Status ||Notes ||Links to further information|
Proposal to prohibit multi-dwelling housing in the R2 zone
Applicant: Lane Cove Council
The proposal seeks to:
- Prohibit multi-dwelling housing in the R2 zone;
- Remove the associated maximum building height remove the associated maximum FSR of 0.4:1.
|Council report||Link to NSW Government's LEPs Online - website|
Planning proposal to permit shop top housing at 2 Greenwich Rd, Greenwich (70 dwellings)
Applicant: Ramsay Health Care
The proposal seeks to amend Lane Cove Local Environmental Plan 2009 at 2 Greenwich Road, Greenwich to:
- Include shop top housing as an additional permitted use within Schedule 1; and
- Increase the maximum building height from 25 metres to 33 metres.
|2017||Pre-Exhibition||Council is not the 'Planning Proposal authority' for this Proposal and will be determined by the Sydney North Planning Panel and not Council.||Link to NSW Government's LEPs Online - website|
Open space and reclassification at 10-20 Pinaroo Place, 1 Girraween Ave and 552 Mowbray Road, Lane Cove North
Applicant: Lane Cove Council
|The proposal seeks to amend Lane Cove Local Environmental Plan 2009 (LEP) to provide two new parks and rezone an existing pocket park for residential development.||2017||Awaiting gazettal || ||Link to NSW Government's LEPs Online - website|
|Proposed Residential Care Facility at Northwood Shops|
The proposed LEP amendments seek to:-
- Retain existing Land Use zonings on site;
- Insert a permissible use to allow 'seniors housing' on the subject site.
- Increase the height limit to RL 70.250 (height to underside of top level ceiling); and
- Increase the floor space ratio of the entire site to a maximum of FSR 1.98:1.
|2016||Refused by Council, DPE to determine.|| ||Link to NSW Government's LEPs Online - website|
|Draft St Leonards South Residential Precinct Plans |
- Increase the residential density of much of the site from R2 Low Density Residential to R4 High Density Residential
- Increase the building height limits for the area from 9.5 metres to the various building heights
- To amend the maximum permissible floor space ratio (FSR) for the area from 0.5/ 0.6:1 to various floor space ratios
- Support the provision of public open space throughout the precinct commensurate with the planned intensity of development in St Leonards South
- Support the provision of Community facilities throughout the precinct commensurate with the planned intensity of development in St Leonards South
- Ensure landscape design within both the public and private domain is of a uniformly high standard
- Support ease of pedestrian/ cycle circulation throughout the precinct
- To support the provision of efficient traffic routes in St Leonards South
Post exhibition, awaiting outcome of IPC review
| ||Link to NSW Government's LEPs Online - website|