The aim of this plan is to meet the community’s right to know about pesticide applications made to outdoor public places that are controlled by Lane Cove Council, in accordance the Pesticides Regulations 2017 and Lane Cove Council Pesticide Notification Plan adopted 2019. The plan allows members of the community to take action to avoid contact with pesticides, if they wish.
The plan sets out how the Council will notify the community of pesticide applications it makes to public places. The plan describes:
- what public places are covered by the plan
- who regularly uses these public places and an estimate of the level of use
- how and when Council will provide the community with information about its pesticide
- applications in public places (i.e. what notification arrangements will be used)
- how the community can access this plan and get more information about Council’s notification arrangements
- contact details for anyone wanting more information on the plan.
Pesticide Notification Plan
Council contractors spray bindii and clover in a limited number of parks each year.
Broadleaf Weed Spraying is scheduled from 17 August - 18 September 2020 using Spearhead Selective Herbicide.
Notification signs will be put out at the major entrances to the parks on the day, immediately prior to the pesticide application and remain in place until the park is reopened for public use later that day. The public is requested to follow on-site signage and not to use the parks on the day that the pesticide is applied.
Parks and Open Spaces to be sprayed include:
Tambourine Bay Road|
|266 Longueville Road|
|Blackman Park - all areas
excluding playing fields|
|Bob Campbell Oval - picnic area|
|Burns Bay Reserve|
|Carlotta Playground (Evelyn St)|
|Corner of Ffrench St and Bent St|
|Opposite Greenwich Wharf|
|Greenwich Park |
|Greenwich Sailing Club|
|Hands Quarry Reserve|
|Helen St Reserve|
|Holloway Res (end of Vista St)|
|Kellys Esp (opposite 1 Kellys Esp)|
|Kingsford Smith Oval|
|Majorie York Playground|
|Mary Carlson Park|
end of St Lawrence St (above Greenwich baths)
|Tambourine Bay Park|
|Turrumburra Dog Park|