Font Size 

Trees and Neighbours


Trees (Disputes Between Neighbours Act) 2006

You can apply to Council to prune or remove a tree (including hedges) on a neighbouring property. Firstly, you require the owner's consent in writing which will accompany the Tree Inspection Application Form. Pruning must be done within Council guidelines.

Council does not grant you or contractor's permission to enter a neighbouring property.

Council cannot permit a resident from planting a tree on their property.

If a neighbour is being uncooperative this becomes a civil issue to which Council will not be involved. Avenues for mediation include: