Are you looking for a way to support fellow Sydneysiders but don't know where to start?
Council has teamed up with Cumberland City Council to provide the
opportunity for Lane Cove residents to support someone in need. Cumberland
residents are able to register for support through the COVID-19 Community Support Exchange. This can include needing assistance buying their essential
items such as groceries.
Lane Cove residents who would like to provide support are
welcome to purchase a supermarket gift card online and email through to Lane
Cove Council. This gift card will then be provided to a resident in need who
has registered with Cumberland Council. Your digital gift card will be distributed anonymously
to your recipient.
Tips on how to donate an online gift card
- Select your preferred supermarket (examples of supermarkets with multiple stores across the Cumberland area include Woolworths and Coles)
- Consider the gift card which best reflects essential items needed and select the option to have it delivered digitally to your email inbox
- Follow the online purchasing process using your own email address
- Check your email for the official emails from the supermarket and identify the email containing the digital gift card (it should contain the pin)
- Forward this digital gift card to Lane Cove Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
Council will acknowledge receipt of your gift card within one business day. We will remove any personal information ie. name and email and provide only the digital card and pin for distribution to the recipient. For this reason it is important to check you're forwarding on the card and not your transaction receipt.
Other opportunities to donate essential items
Foodbank's Sydney warehouse remains open as they prepare emergency hampers filled with pantry staples to feed people who would otherwise go without food.
Local residents can consider donating a $35 food hamper for vulnerable people in need or explore other ways to help fight hunger for people in need by visiting their website.