Council has recently upgraded several open spaces in the local area...
Improved access to
Manns Point Bush Track
Council received funding through the Greater Sydney Crown Land
Open Space Activation Program to upgrade the sandstone steps to the foreshore
from Manns Point Lookout. This has improved the access to the foreshore and
will be complemented by nearby bush regeneration work which will be carried out
on the cliffs requiring specialised rope access.
Upgraded track entrance to Batten Reserve
Council has recently upgraded the track entrance to Batten Reserve from
Mindarie Park. Residents will notice the new track is easier to walk on and
helps to define the bush from the park. Plants from Lane Cove’s Community Nursery
were planted alongside the track and existing sandstone blocks were also used
to create a buffer.
New picnic settings for Tambourine Bay Reserve
Tambourine Bay Reserve is home to a new path and two restored picnic settings. A reminder to local residents that during the current restrictions seating in public places is available for those in need, NSW Police reminds us they are not a suitable place to consume takeaway food and beverages.
From left: improved access to Manns Point Bush Track, upgraded track entrance to Batten Reserve and new picnic settings at Tambourine Bay Reserve.
A range of exciting works and upgrades are taking place across the Council area over the next 12 months including:
- Playground Upgrades – scheduled for Helen Street Reserve, Henningham Reserve, Tantallon Playground and Best Street.
- New Roundabout in Northwood – construction at the intersection of River Road / Northwood Road / Stevenson Street to improve safety.
- St Leonards Public Domain Works – construction of over rail plaza and public open green space.
- Tantallon Oval – new changerooms, canteen facility, club storage, public toilets, community room and BBQ facilities for community use.
- Shared User Path – constructed from Bob Campbell Oval to Greenwich Road.
- Drainage – upgrade of existing stormwater system in St Leonards South.
- Blackman Park – shade structure for dog park and bridge installation at wetland.
These activities are in addition to the range of regular services, maintenance, programs and events which Council delivers annually.
View the 2021/22 Budget Summary.
To stay up-to-date with these works and upgrades, sign up to Council's newsletters.