Disaster assistance has been made available to help people and businesses heavily impacted by recent storms and flooding in the Lane Cove local government area. Assistance is being provided through the jointly funded Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
Assistance available under the DRFA may include:
- Help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged
- Support for affected local councils to help with the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets
- Concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and non-profit organisations
- Freight subsidies for primary producers
- Grants to eligible non-profit organisations
If you are uninsured and/or have a low income, please contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444 for personal hardship and distress assistance.
To apply for a concessional loan or grant, please contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit their website.
Further information on disaster assistance is available at the following websites: