Water Wise Guidelines apply from 1 December
The NSW Government has announced that Water Wise Guidelines have replaced Level 1 water restrictions and apply to everyone in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra. This includes all residents and businesses. The restrictions have eased, but let’s stay water wise!
A summary of the Water Wise Guidelines
Under the guidelines, you can use drinking water to:
- Water lawns and gardens before 10:00am and after 4:00pm using a hand-held hose fitted with a trigger nozzle, sprinklers or standard watering systems
- Water new turf and gardens at any time for up to 28 days
- Water lawns and gardens with drip irrigation systems or 'smart water systems' at any time
- Top up pools and spas to replace water lost through evaporation
- Fill new or renovated pools and spas
- Wash vehicles with a hand-held hose fitted with a trigger nozzle or high pressure cleaning equipment
- Clean buildings (including windows, walls and gutters) with a hand-held hose fitted with a trigger nozzle or high pressure cleaning equipment
- Cool people and animals.
- Allow water to run off onto hard surfaces
- Leave taps and hoses running unattended
- Allow pools or spas to overflow when being filled.
Please visit Sydney Water for more information.