The aim of this plan is to meet the community’s right to know about pesticide applications made to outdoor public places. The plan allows members of the community to take action to avoid contact with pesticides, if they wish.
The plan sets out how the Council will notify the community of pesticide applications it makes to public places. The plan describes:
- what public places are covered by the plan
- who regularly uses these public places and an estimate of the level of use
- how and when Council will provide the community with information about its pesticide
- applications in public places (i.e. what notification arrangements will be used)
- how the community can access this plan and get more information about Council’s notification arrangements
- contact details for anyone wanting more information on the plan.
Full version of the plan can be downloaded here.
Current pesticide applications here.