Nominations are now closed.
Nominations ran from 11 May to 5 June 2017.
The Rosenthal Project is located in the heart of Lane Cove Village. The Lane Cove Council owned and funded project aims to further improve the facilities within the village, whilst establishing a landmark public open space for the community. The Project will not only act to meet the needs of the growing population of Lane Cove, but with the integration of organic factors and natural connections throughout the design, the project will seamlessly blend the elements of green spaces and urban forms. Currently the site is bound by Rosenthal Avenue, Rosenthal Lane, Birdwood Avenue and Birdwood Lane, it holds 176 surface at grade car parking spaces with a public amenities block.
Council invites members of the community, local business operators, property owners and occupiers to nominate for the Rosenthal Project Community Liaison Group (CLG).
The purpose of the Rosenthal Project CLG is to:-
- Create a forum for discussion and exchange of information relating to the construction stage of the Rosenthal Project and to discuss planned construction activity on the Rosenthal Project;
- To identify local issues and to provide the project team with local knowledge and local networks that are relevant in the project team's development of mitigation strategies that aim to minimise construction impacts on the community;
- Act as a two-way communication link between the project team and the community during construction works and provide feedback to the project team at the CLG meetings; and
- Create a forum for discussion and exchange of information relating to place making activation and mitigation strategies with Council.
The Rosenthal Project involves a number of key stakeholders including, Lane Cove Council-Rosenthal Project teams (which includes representatives from Council, the Rosenthal Project Executive Management Group (EMG), Project Managers and Consultants). ADCO the appointed contractors for the design and construction of the Project as well as representatives of the community, local businesses, property owners/occupiers and stakeholder groups. The CLG will be a forum for discussion, feedback and information sharing on matters relating to the construction phase, including but not limited to:-
- Project delivery and timing;
- Consultation and Communication Programs;
- Access in and around the Village during construction;
- Environmental management;
- Business resilience; and
- Traffic Management issues.
Members are appointed in a voluntary capacity.
Council encourages members of the community to nominate for the CLG, particularly:-
- Local business owners (including operators of businesses adjoining the site);
- Commercial/retail property owners located in the Lane Cove Village area;
- Owners/occupiers of adjoining non commercial properties; and
- Interested community members.
Nominees must be:-
- Current residents or landowners or business operators located within Lane Cove LGA with preference to being located within close proximity of Lane Cove Village;
- Understand the purpose of the CLG;
- Able to represent and communicate the broad positions, interests and issues of the community and /or other businesses;
- Demonstrate involvement in local community groups or activities such as business, school, residents, environmental or heritage groups; and
- Be willing to adhere to the Groups standards of behaviour as outlined in the Code of Conduct and maintain an outcome focused approach.
The CLG is not a decision making body, it performs an advisory and consultation role.
Nominees will need to demonstrate their understanding of the purpose of the CLG and interest in the Project in their application, with the Nomination Form to be completed along with an optional summary one page resume.
To find out more, you can view the Terms of Reference.
Executive Manager - Corporate Services
Ph: (02) 9911 3510
Formal appointments to the Group will be made by Lane Cove Council.