The following Guiding Principles were adopted to ensure a holistic approach to planning and service development by Council.
- Community - To develop a strong inclusive community that promotes access, equity and participation in decision making, working towards a better Lane Cove for everyone.
- Creativity - To nurture diverse creative expression in the community and foster innovation to meet the needs of Lane Cove.
- Sustainability - To ensure that all decisions consider a balance of economic, environmental, cultural and social elements to enhance the quality of life in Lane Cove.
- Best Value - To balance the provision of quality services to the community of Lane Cove with cost, and to always seek continuous improvements to the services provided.
In addition, Council has adopted the following values which Council will display in meeting the communities needs:-
- Customer Focus - We listen to the needs and wants of our customers and provide exceptional customer service
- Integrity - We are fair and consistent in our actions and we act ethically, honestly, responsibly and respectfully
- Consultation - We seek to understand before acting and are sensitive to residents needs and situations
- Equity - We deal equally and honestly with customers and each other
- Leadership - We focus attention on what is really important, lead by setting a good example and seek to improve outcomes, processes and relationships.