Councillors are elected by eligible residents and ratepayers within the community and hold office for four (4) years.
Three (3) councillors are elected from the three wards of the Lane Cove local government area, and form the governing body of the Council. The Councillors' role is to direct and control the council's affairs in line with the requirements of the Local Government Act.
Lane Cove Councillors from left to right:
Councillor Strassberg, Councillor Palmer, Councillor Brent, Councillor Bennison, Councillor Hutchens (Mayor), Councillor Cheong, Councillor Gold (Deputy Mayor), Councillor Karpin and Councillor Brooks-Horn.
The following Councillors were elected on at 3:00pm on 13 September 2012 with the following results.
Central Ward Detailed Results
- Deborah Hutchens, Liberal - Elected 1431 votes, quota obtained
- Soo-Tee Cheong, Liberal - Elected 1431 votes, quota obtained.
- Karola Brent, Independent - Elected 1345 votes, being the remaining candidate with the highest number of votes.
East Ward Detailed Results
- David Brooks-Horn, Liberal - Elected 1380 votes, quota obtained.
- Pam Palmer, Independent - Elected 1380 votes, quota obtained.
- David Karpin, Liberal - Elected 1235 votes, being the remaining candidate with the highest number of votes.
West Ward Detailed Results
- Scott Bennison, Liberal - Elected 1485 votes, quota obtained.
- Marc Gold, Liberal - Elected 1363 votes, being one of the two remaining candidates with the highest number of votes.
- Daniel Strassberg, Independent - Elected 1217 votes, being one of the two remaining candidates with the highest number of votes