Font Size 

My Aged Care


If you need some help around the house or think it's time to look into aged care homes there are a range of service who will be able to assist you to continue to live independently.

My Aged Care is the Australian Government's starting point on your aged care journey. Find and access the government-funded services you need.

Help at home

As you get older, living independently in your own home can become more difficult. If you're finding it harder to do the things you used to, you can ask for some help.

Short-term care

Maybe you need some help after a hospital stay, or support if your regular family carer is taking a holiday. Short-term care can help you cope with life's interruptions.

Aged care homes

You might be at a stage where you no longer feel able to live independently at home, even with carer support or home care services to help you. If that's the case, it may be time to consider moving into an aged care home.


Eligibility is based on factors like your health, how you're managing at home, and any support you currently receive. You may be eligible for aged care services if you have:

  • noticed a change in what you can do or remember
  • been diagnosed with a medical condition or reduced mobility
  • experienced a change in family care arrangements
  • experienced a recent fall or hospital admission,
  • 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people).

To know for sure if you are eligible, you will need to have an assessment.

What will aged care cost me?

The cost of aged care services varies from person to person. It depends on the care you are eligible for, the aged care provider you choose, and your financial situation. 

While the Australian Government may contribute to the cost of your care, you will also be asked to contribute if you can afford to.

For more information or to arrange an assessment  visit My Aged Care or call 1800 200 422

Local Services

A list of local services can be accessed through this link. Some are My Aged Care funded, not for profit and others are businesses.

Please note that by providing this information Council does not endorse one service over another.  

Procedure for complaints

You have the right to provide feedback or make complaints about the information, service, or care you receive from My Aged Care.

  1. First contact My Aged Care

Call My Aged Care to discuss your concerns and ask for their help. If your concern is not resolved on the call, you will be given a complaint reference number to track the progress of your complaint. Use this reference number for any future communication with My Aged Care.

Contact options for lodging a complaint: