Cox's Lane Reserve is named after Lane Cove businessman and baker Harold Norman Cox (1898-1960). The bakery was the first in the Lane Cove area.
This pocket park has seating and is a short walk to Rosenthal Avenue and the village centre.
Council conducts regular inspections of its playground equipment to ensure it meets the Playground Safety Standards. It was identified at the most recent safety check that the structure of the play unit has deteriorated. The play unit therefore failed the inspection and will shortly be removed.
The play unit was originally scheduled for replacement as part of the upcoming Playground Strategy in 2024/25, however that replacement has now been brought forward. Council is currently sourcing a replacement play unit with similar features and we will provide an update once a timeframe for replacement is available.
Please be advised that only the play unit is impacted. The swings, rocker and mini house remain open.
The closest playgrounds to this location are at The Canopy and the Finlayson Street Playground (corner of Finlayson Street and Centennial Avenue).
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Cox's Lane, Lane Cove 2066 View Map
Cox's Lane ,
Lane Cove 2066
Dos must be kept on a leash in all areas of this park.