Book Kingsford Smith Oval
The park was originally named Longueville Park in February 1901. In 1928 it was renamed Kingsford Smith Oval, with Sir Charles Kingsford Smith's approval, in recognition of his first Trans-Pacific flight. Kingsford Smith had lived in Arabella Street, Longueville as a boy.
In 1953 a large crowd of locals gathered to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Kingsford Smith's flight across the pacific. The celebrations included a naval helicopter landing on the oval.
On the corner of Stuart Street and William Edward Street you will find the Bill Bryan Playground. The playground was unveiled in October 2000 in honour of local resident Dr. Ian James "Bill" Bryan, an orthopaedic surgeon known for his dedication to the local community's health, and in particular to that of the children.
Kingsford Smith Oval, Longueville 2066 View Map
Kingsford Smith Oval ,
The park is a leash free exercise area for dogs (Rules apply near sporting fields, Children's play areas and BBQ areas).
There is a defibrillator (AED) at Kingsford Smith Oval located near the sports field.
Kingsford Smith Oval