Woodford Bay - Bicentennial Reserve


This is a landscaped historical park with filtered Woodford Bay views and pockets of bushland.

Lieutenant Ralph Clark first charted what would become known as Woodford Bay in 1790. One of the first permanent settlers in the area was Rupert Kirk, a former captain in the British Army Medical Corps. He emigrated to Australia in 1831 and took up a large land grant at Longueville, naming it Woodford Park after his ancestral home in Essex, England. Kirk’s property included a soap, candle and tobacco manufactory and was the area’s first industrial business.

The name of the reserve was amended in 1988 to commemorate Australia’s Bicentennial year.


Corner of Woodford Street and Kellys Esplanade, Longueville 2066  View Map

Google Map