Font Size 

Personal Trainers in Parks


Personal trainers and fitness groups who are operating their business within Council’s parks and sports grounds must get Council approval and obtain a permit. 

Trainers and their clients should read Council’s Policy on the Use of Public Open Space by Commercial Fitness Groups and Personal Trainers.

Conditions include:

Trainers and their clients must not create any noise that unreasonably disturbs other users and adjacent residents.

Fitness training is not permitted in specific areas, including:

  • Within 50 m of any neighbouring residential property before 7:30 am;
  • Sports grounds when occupied by an authorised hirer for training or games.

To obtain a permit complete a Personal Fitness Trainer Licence Application Form.