This consultation is closed
This consultation ran from 6 February to 05 March 2023, with two community workshops on 22 February 2023.
*Note: the original closing date of this consultation was 26 February 2023.
Co-ordinator - Parks and Urban Spaces
Ph: (02) 9911 3544
The Draft Backman Park Skate Park Concept Design has been developed. You're invited to give feedback on this design by attending a workshop, filling in the survey or by writing to us.
Our skate park designers, Convic, hosted two community workshops in October 2022 (pre-design) to help develop a concept for the skate park. Convic used feedback from those workshops to develop the 'draft concept design' and we want to hear from you about this design.
From the October workshops:
- SkateTypology - Participants favoured a transition style park with the inclusion of some street elements.
- Skill Level – Intermediate was the most common but the design is still inclusive of provision for skill progression, allowing for beginners through to advanced levels
- Skate Vision- An interesting creative facility which is made of transition style obstacles that are unique and create flow; including a mini ramp, spine, volcanos, vert wall and euro gap.
- User and Spectator Amenity – A space for spectators and different user groups with break out areas and shade
- Iconic Elements and Local Identity - A range and choice of benefits and experiences that include active and passive recreation within a natural bushland setting.
Have Your Say
To have your say on the Draft Blackman Park Skate Park Design please make a submission to the General Manager, by either:-
- Completing the online survey;
- Email your written submission to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Lane Cove Council, PO Box 20, Lane Cove NSW 1595; quoting SU8992; or
- Attend a workshop on Wednesday 22 February:
- 4pm – 5pm at Synergy Youth Centre (11 – 17 year olds)
- 6pm – 7pm at Lane Cove Library - Meeting Room 2 (all ages)
Surveys and written submissions must be received before 5.00pm, Sunday 26 February 2023.
Pre-design Consultation Summary Report
Draft Concept Design Images