Consultation has closed.
This consultation ran from Thursday, 5 September 2019 to Thursday 17 October 2019
Terry Tredrea, Strategic Planning
Council has now comlpeted a consultation period with the community on its Draft Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS).
The Draft LSPS outlines the 20-year vision, planning priorities and actions for land use planning in the Lane Cove Local Government Area.
This Draft Statement translates the current visions and strategies expressed in the Community Strategic Plan, and related actions in the Delivery Program, into specific land use planning priorities and actions. It has also been informed by Council's Local Environmental Plan Review (Health Check) which took into account the provisions of:
- 10 Directions for a Greater Sydney;
- A Metropolis of Three Cities (Greater Sydney Region Plan);
- North District Plan;
- Future Transport Strategy 2056;
- Greater Sydney Services and Infrastructure Plan;
- Council's Local Environmental Plan; and
- Council's Development Control Plans.
The Draft LSPS identifies four (4) key visions which aim to ensure growth and change are managed in a way which enables the community to enjoy high levels of amenity, liveability, economic prosperity and a pristine natural environment. Planning Priorities for each have also been developed to respond to the 10 Directions for a Greater Sydney.
Our Community's Assets and Infrastructure
Planning Priority 1 - Provide, maintain and upgrade infrastructure to meet changing community needs and accommodate future growth.
Planning Priority 2 - Identify innovative funding and partnerships to provide for new and upgraded assets and infrastructure.
Planning Priority 3 - Continue to collaborate with government agencies to deliver enhanced outcomes for the community.
Our Liveable City
Planning Priority 4 - Facilitate socially connected communities and enhance our cultural identity.
Planning Priority 5 - Plan for the growth of housing that creates a diverse range of housing types and encourages housing that is sustainable, liveable, accessible and affordable.
Planning Priority 6 - Create and renew public spaces and facilities to improve the community’s quality of life.
Our Productive Economy
Planning Priority 7 - Facilitate location of a diverse range of retail, commercial and industrial businesses in Lane Cove.
Planning Priority 8 - Implement transport upgrades and fresh approaches to public transport route design to facilitate time-efficient, people-friendly transport within Lane Cove and from Lane Cove to strategic centres, to improve access to employment and services.
Planning Priority 9 - Support shopping precincts to enable local shopping.
Our Sustainable Environment
Planning Priority 10 - Enhance our urban tree canopy, bushland and waterways.
Planning Priority 11 - Improve the management of energy, water and waste resources.
Planning Priority 12 - Adapt to the changing climate by building resilience.
- 19 August 2019 - Draft Local Strategic Planning Statement endorsed by Council for public exhibition
- 5 September 2019 to 17 October 2019 - Exhibition period for community submissions on the Draft Statement.
- Late October 2019 - Evaluation of submissions received during exhibition period. Amendments incorporated into the Draft Plan as required.
- Early 2020 - Results of community consultation will be presented to Council for further consideration.