Font Size 

Selling Or Buying A Property


The responsibility for the payment of Council Land Rates always remains with the property owner.

When a property is sold, as part of the conveyancing process a Certificate of Outstanding Rates and Charges is purchased from Council. This certificate shows the account balance for the property for the current financial year. At settlement, a calculation is made to determine both the seller's and purchaser's responsibility for the current years Rates.

Please note that any enquiries regarding Land Tax (a State Government tax) are to be made directly to the Office of State Revenue on 9685 2155