Font Size 

Abandoned Vehicles


How to report an abandoned vehicle

  • Only vehicles with expired or no registration can be reported. You can carry out a free vehicle registration check online through Service NSW.
  • Provide exact details of vehicle and how long it has been parked at the location.
  • Ensure reported vehicle is on public land and not on private property.
  • Ensure the vehicle is not already displaying an abandoned vehicle sticker.

Report an abandoned vehicle.


What happens next?

Council Rangers will:

  • Check whether the vehicle is registered and/or stolen.
  • Attempt to contact the last known owner to move the vehicle.
  • Regularly monitor and assess the vehicle until contact is made with the owner.
  • May impound and/or remove the vehicle.

The investigation and impounding/removal process can take up to 60 business days for the whole process.