Font Size 

Road Activity Permits


Residents and companies wanting to stand plant, place a skip bin, undertake filming, apply for a temporary road closure, apply for a work zone permit, or install driveway lines are required to fill out the corresponding application form (see below) and submit all documentation as required by that form.  The application will not be processed if the documentation required is not provided.

Payment is required upon submission of the application form however approval will only be given once the application has been assessed and the applicant has received written or verbal approval from the Traffic Manager.

Same day approvals WILL NOT be given unless deemed to be exceptional circumstances by the Traffic Manager.  All applications that are received will be assessed on an individual basis and the necessity of representation to Traffic Committee.

If for any reason, the event is cancelled or postponed, it is the applicant’s responsibility to notify Council prior to the scheduled date for a full refund. Failure to do so may result in the applicant forfeiting the entire payment. Satisfactory evidence would have to be supplied to Council if a full refund is sought after the date of event has passed.

Application forms and the minimum processing times for applications are:


Driveway Lines Application

Council often receives a high volume of enquiries regarding parked vehicles obstructing access to residential driveways.  One option that is available to residents is the installation of driveway line markings to better delineate the driveway and discourage illegal parking. Residents must complete an application form to be considered for this service.  On receipt of the application, a Council Engineer will inspect the resident's driveway on-site and ensure that the resident is eligible for this service.  Once this has been confirmed, the resident must pay the applicable fee.  If the residence is on a strata title, contact the strata management company in order to seek endorsement for the application.



Payment of Permit Fees can be made to Council by:

  • Cheque - made payable to Lane Cove Council
  • Cash - accepted only in person at Civic Centre (48 Longueville Road, Lane Cove, NSW 2066)
  • Credit Card - in person at Civic Centre (48 Longueville Road, Lane Cove, NSW 2066) or via the submission of Credit Card Payment Authority Form