At the CRC you can drive through and drop off household problem waste that cannot go in your kerbside bins. This is a free service.
The CRC is located at 8 Waltham Road, Artarmon (View Google Map)
Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Closed on Public Holidays.
You can drop off the following items for FREE:
- Paint (oil and water based)
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent and halogen light globes and tubes
- Electronic Waste (eg. computers, TVs, DVD players, CD players, electrical equipment and small electrical appliances).
- DVD's and CD's. Please remove plastic covers on CD's/DVD's and any plastic or cardboard packaging.
- Household batteries
- Lead Acid Batteries (eg. car & motorbike batteries)
- Motor and other oils (including cooking oil)
- Printer cartridges
- Smoke detectors
- Mobile phones
- X-rays are no longer being accepted. We will update this information once they can be dropped off at the CRC again.
Only household quantities of the above materials will be accepted. This is equivalent to a maximum of 20 litres or 20 kilograms for each of the items listed above.
Please handle and transport your materials carefully and safely. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leaks or breaks.
The following items are not accepted:
- White goods
- Soft plastics
- Building materials
- Motor fuels
- Household chemicals (household cleaners)
- Acids and alkalis
- Garden chemicals
Chemicals can be taken to a Household Chemical CleanOut event. To find your closest event visit the ChemicalCleanOut website.
Why use the CRC?
Most of the items accepted at the CRC can be reused or recycled. By sorting our waste and taking it to a recycling centre, we are:
- Keeping waste out of landfill
- Helping improve recycling rates, and
- Saving water, energy and other valuable natural resources.
City of Ryde, Hunters Hill, Lane Cove, North Sydney and Willoughby Councils are pleased to have joined together with assistance from the NSW EPA to reduce and manage Household Problem Waste by establishing our Community Recycling Centre (CRC). This is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy. Visit www.epa.nsw.gov.au/recyclingcentres for more information.
Other Recycling Options:
Council has partnered with RecycleSmart to offer a free collection service for certain recyclable materials not accepted in your kerbside bins.
The service, known as a 'Power Pickup', offers residents an on-demand collection of tricky-to-recycle items: items that are recyclable, but cannot be thrown away in the yellow or blue bins Such as
- Soft plastics
- Misfits such as batteries and bulbs
To find out more and book a Power Pickup visit www.lanecove.nsw.gov.au/recyclesmart.