The CRC will re-open to the public on Friday 15 October from 8:00am. Please read the COVID-safe update below.
At the Community Recycling Centre (CRC) you can drive through and drop off household problem waste that cannot go in your kerbside bins. This is a free service.
The Community Recycling Centre (CRC) in Artarmon is re-opening on Friday 15 October from 8:00am. A COVID-safe Plan is in place to allow for social distancing and to limit the number of people dropping off items simultaneously. The CRC is open during its normal operating hours and no bookings are required.
To ensure the safety of staff, residents and members of the community, please be aware of the following measures in place:
- Please do not visit the CRC if you are unwell.
- All CRC customers are required to wear mask, sign in using the NSW Government’s QR code and are to remain in their vehicles until directed to enter the drop-off area by a staff member.
- Only enter when the boom gate is lifted for your car by a staff member. Please drive in slowly as cars may be queued in the driveway.
- All CRC customers are required to self-unload their items without any assistance from staff. Customers should bring someone along to assist if required.
- All CRC customers must maintain social distancing when unloading and depositing items in the respective cages.
The CRC is located at 8 Waltham Road, Artarmon (View Google Map)
Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Closed on Public Holidays.
You can drop off the following items for FREE:
Paint (oil and water based)
Fluorescent and halogen light globes and tubes
Electronic Waste (eg. computers, TVs, DVD players, CD players, electrical equipment and small electrical appliances).
DVD's and CD's. Please remove plastic covers on CD's/DVD's and any plastic or cardboard packaging.
Lead Acid Batteries (eg. car & motorbike batteries)
Motor and other oils (including cooking oil)
White goods are not accepted
Only household quantities of the above materials will be accepted. This is equivalent to a maximum of 20 litres or 20 kilograms for each of the items listed above.
Household chemicals such as household cleaners, motor fuels, acids and alkalis, garden and hobby chemicals will not be accepted at the CRC. These items must be taken to a Household Chemical CleanOut event. To find your closest event visit the ChemicalCleanOut website.
Please handle and transport your materials carefully and safely. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leaks or breaks.
Why use the CRC?
Most of the items accepted at the CRC can be reused or recycled. By sorting our waste and taking it to a recycling centre, we are:
- Keeping potentially hazardous waste out of landfill
- Helping improve recycling rates, and
- Saving water, energy and other valuable natural resources.
City of Ryde, Hunters Hill, Lane Cove, North Sydney and Willoughby Councils are pleased to have joined together with assistance from the NSW EPA to reduce and manage Household Problem Waste by establishing our Community Recycling Centre (CRC).
This is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy. Visit www.epa.nsw.gov.au/recyclingcentres for more information.