Council is offering a free recycling improvement program for apartment buildings throughout the local area.
The program involves a Council staff member visiting your site to discuss how to improve the building's recycling. This could include installing and improving signage in common bin bay areas, providing educational materials, information and tools for residents and organising the replacement or repair of any bins.
Keen to register your interest?
Whether you are a property manager, real estate agent or a resident, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include details such as the building address, number of apartments and main contact person.
Below are some examples of the signs Council can provide.
Weather-resistant A3 signs:
Top 5 rehome-able items thrown out during Council Clean-ups:
- Cabinets and wardrobes
- Desk chairs
- Sofas and couches
- Dining/coffee tables
- Clothing – can be given to charity if in good condition
Items can be rehomed through
websites such as Gumtree,
Facebook Marketplace, eBay and some can be even be
repaired and rehomed through services like The Bower and Reverse Garbage.
Top 5 recyclable items thrown out during Council Clean-ups:
- Cardboard – can be taken to Cleanaway at Artarmon for free if clean. Temporarily shut to all residents, please hold on to bulk cardboard or slowly dispose of through the blue lidded bin.
- White goods – Council's four free clean-up bookings per year take white goods away for recycling.
- Computers – Council's Community Recycling Centre (CRC) accept computers and other electronics for free.
- Paints – Council's CRC accept paints for free.
- Oils – Council's CRC accepts motor oils and other oils for free.