Font Size 

Step 1: Is Proposal Permissible?


When proposing to do work or change the use of a building it is essential that you check the zoning of the land. The zoning (i.e. residential, commercial, industrial etc) guides what type of development may be permitted on your property. You can view what zone applies to the property by referring to the available Property Mapping on the NSW Planning Portal Spatial Viewer.

Once you have determined what zone applies to your property you must determine whether your proposal is permitted in the zone. Determining permissibility will require a review of the Exempt and Complying Development requirements and Lane Cove Local Environmental Plan 2009. Most small businesses are located in business zones. Home businesses can be located in residential zones.

Go to Step 2: Is DA Required?