Did you know that the average commercial building can save between 10 and 20% on their electricity costs through solar investment? On average, the payback period of the investment is between 3 and 4 years.
What is the Solar for Business Program?
The Solar for Business Program is a FREE Council initiative to assist commercial buildings reduce their energy consumption, resulting in potentially thousands of dollars of savings per year. By joining the program, you receive independent expert advice, a solar feasibility study to identify opportunities to lower running costs and be more sustainable in your ongoing operations.
Why get involved?
Installing solar panels on your roof is a great way to generate clean electricity and reduce greenhouse gas emissions from your property and also a great opportunity to promote your business as being a sustainable company/building owner.
- reduced energy running costs through clean technology solar power that improves the bottom line and combats the rising cost of electricity
- a high average return on investment
- measurable, positive environmental impact
- happier staff and customers through the promotion of your businesses solar action
- improved brand, reputation and differentiation of your company's position.
Businesses selected to participate will receive free:
- Energy analysis and solar modelling performed by industry specialists (valued at over $1,000)
- Detailed feasibility report with two solar pv size options which clearly illustrate the financial case for installing solar and the corresponding positive environmental impact. View sample report.
- Follow up support to discuss the report outcomes and recommendations.
Who should apply?
We are looking for all commercial building owners that are committed to reducing their energy and saving on operating costs. We encourage applications from all sizes of buildings, from small retail premises through to large warehouse with high energy bills. If you do not own the building in which you operate, we encourage you to liaise with your building owner to identify mutual benefits.
We invite interested commercial property owners in the Lane Cove LGA to submit an expression of interest. Successful applications will be those whose applications demonstrate high likelihood of implementing the suggested measures, opportunities for energy reductions and the prospect of providing case studies for buildings with similar facilities.
How to apply
Complete the Solar for Busines program expression of interest form.
1. Interested businesses submit an expression of interest application.
2. Council assesses expressions of interests and determines successful applicants.
3. Council organises and funds the feasibility study and reports.
4. Building management reviews the energy saving options and determines implementation.
5. Council arranges follow up meeting to discuss the report findings and answer questions.
7. Council requests feedback from participants to create case studies to support other buildings interested in energy efficiency upgrades.
Can your business afford not to be involved in this excellent sustainability opportunity?