Great news! 10+ million containers have now been returned to the Little Street and Lane Cove West Return & Earn facilities! This is a great outcome and a very big thank you to those who have recycled their containers in Lane Cove.
Where are the nearest collection points?
Lane Cove has two Return and Earn collection points.
- The ground floor of the Little Street Carpark, at 1 Little Street Lane Cove - opposite the footbridge at the Aquatic Centre. The machine is open 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Saturday and 9:00 - 5:00pm on Sunday.
- 67 Mars Road Lane Cove West - entrance is on Sirius Street opposite Kanes Hire. The facility is open Monday to Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm and 7:00am - 3:00pm on Saturday. It is closed on Sunday.
The next closest machine is at Woolworths Marsfield, corner of Epping and Balaclava Road.
Check under the 2066 postcode on the Return and Earn website for all the collection point details.
What containers are eligible?
Most empty 150-millilitre to three litre beverage containers will be eligible for a 10 cent refund when presented to an approved NSW collection point. There are some exceptions, and containers not eligible for a refund are described in the section below. Containers should be empty, uncrushed, unbroken, and have the original label intact.
With the new Impact Calculator, you can enter the number of containers you've returned to see the positive environmental impact you've achieved.
Container materials that may be eligible for a refund include containers made from:
- Liquid paperboard (cartons)
Containers that are not included in the scheme and, therefore, do not qualify for a refund are:
- Plain milk (or milk substitute) containers
- Flavoured milk containers of one litre or more
- Pure fruit or vegetable juice containers of one litre or more
- Glass wine bottles
- Glass spirit bottles
- Containers for cordials, and concentrated fruit/vegetable juices
- Registered health tonics.
The above information has been made available via the Return and Earn website.