The St Leonards Public Domain Master Plan was developed in order to provide a clear, strategic framework for the provision of major public domain spaces in St Leonards.
This Public Domain Master Plan is designed to meet the following objectives:-
- To provide public space that contributes to the identity and enjoyment of an area;
- To provide street furniture, landscaping works, water features, utilities, etc that contribute to the community’s enjoyment of the public domain, but does not impede pedestrian movement and safety or reduce visual quality;
- To provide venues for public entertainment and expression of community identity;
- To provide areas for public art that contributes to the cultural life and enjoyment of the centre, and allows for community self expression; and
- To provide pedestrian surfaces that are safe for all users, clearly demarcated and constructed from materials that provide continuity and consistency of streetscape.