Lane Cove Youth Centre
Lane Cove Youth Centre, a drop-in centre where young people aged 11-18 can go to hang-out, seek information about support services or participate in various programmed activities.
Term 4 Program
Download the Term 4 2020 Program or click the image below.
To book your spot at the Recycled Art Workshop, please register your details online.
Voices of Young People in Northern Sydney
Voices of Young People in Northern Sydney is a
cross-Council project which surveyed young people in the region to gain an
understanding of their experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is
envisioned the data gathered will assist youth services in their response to
support young people during the current pandemic and address any gaps in
support. This project was a collaboration between Ku-ring-gai, Lane Cove,
Mosman, North Sydney, Ryde and Willoughby councils.
Download the report or click the image below to view the summary.
Synergy Youth Centre Cookbook
Join Council's Youth Workers for their weekly Friday night cook-up! During COVID-19, the cook-up takes place on Zoom so head over to Synergy's Facebook for all the details.
Download the Synergy Youth Centre Cookbook.
Synergy Youth Centre reopens
Synergy Youth Centre, located at 178 Longueville
Road, is now open on Tuesdays 3:00pm – 6:00pm and Fridays 3:00pm – 8:00pm. Online drop-ins will be available from 4:00pm - 6:00pm on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Visit the Synergy Facebook page for Zoom codes to the online drop-ins.
Due to restrictions, a maximum of 8 young
people can visit the centre at any one time. Hand sanitiser will be readily
available and young people must keep a 1.5 metre distance from others.
up! Young people will have to sign-in with their contact details prior to
Location and Opening Hours
Lane Cove Youth Centre is located at 2 Little Street, Lane Cove, under the pool grandstand.
School term hours:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 3:00pm – 6:00pmSynergy offers:
Friday: 3:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm – 5:00pm
- A term program with activities such as baking nights, cook ups, organised groups fitness, craft and activities related to various awareness days, competitions, skate sessions, youth art, pizza and DVD nights, boys nights, girls nights and BBQs.
- A school holiday program is based on excursions to fun places, eg Jamberoo, horse riding, laser tag, Imax and Tree Top Adventures.
- Facilities such as a basketball court, TV and DVD, pool table, table tennis, foosball, X Box Kinect, Wii, DJ equipment, and computers with internet access available.
- Cooking demonstrations and hands on sessions with young people in the kitchen
- Referrals to services a young person made need
- Volunteering opportunities to young people completing their Duke of Edinburgh Awards and school community service hours