In addition, other documents which are produced by Council during the course of a business transaction can generally be obtained by completing an Informal Access to Information Form, subject to the restrictions below. Examples of these documents include reports on matters Council or staff have made decisions on, development approvals on properties etc.
The restrictions to these are limited to the following:
- Where access to the documents would be contrary to the public interest;
- Any part of a document which discloses personal details of a person (excluding submissions to development applications);
- Any part of a document dealing with trade secrets;
- A matter, the disclose of which would constitute an offence against an Act or found an action for breach of confidence;
- Plans and specifications contained in building and development applications for any residential parts of a proposed building, other than plans that show the height and external configurations for the building in relation to the site on which it is proposed to be erected;
- Any part of a document that contains advice concerning litigation or advice that would otherwise be privileged from production in legal proceedings on the grounds of legal professional privilege;
- Information which would, if disclosed, confer a commercial advantage on a person with whom Council is conducting (or proposes to conduct) business.
Wherever possible, access will be provided in a manner which is mutually convenient and cost effective.
To apply, please complete an Informal Access to Information Form and lodge it with Council.
All requests will be dealt with as soon as practicable and in any case within 7 days of receipt. Council's GIPA Disclosure Process Flowcharts provide further details on the disclosure process for Informal Applications.
When applying be sure to indicate if you require copies of the documents.